Building Inspections Adelaide
Detail Building Inspections Adelaide are Independent and highly qualified
Have your new home inspected by a 100% independent, highly qualified inspector. We do not work for real estate agents, construction companies, or other interested parties.
Your report will show you what problems exist and help you understand what it will take to fix them. We can do that, because we are qualified licensed builders and also licensed pest controllers. We are experienced in everything from new builds to heritage restoration. Our combination of experience, professionalism and cutting-edge inspection technology makes us the first choice for building inspection services in South Australia.
Building Inspector, Construction and Pest Control Qualifications
- National Construction license and Building Supervisor registration, number BLD183023
- Certificate IV Building and Construction
- Diploma: Building & Construction
- Certificate in the Timber framing code
- Certificate in Elements of Roof framing & trusses
- ITC Certificate 1 in Thermography (Melbourne University)
- Thermography is the detailed knowledge of knowing how to thermograph areas of potential damage. While many other building inspectors offer this service, we are one of just 2 inspectors in South Australia that are certified in thermography.
- Pest control license #84868, issued by SA Health.
Did you know the building inspection industry is unregulated in South Australia?
Buying or building property is one of the most significant purchases that you will ever make. It’s so significant that you don’t want to regret it later. For the thousands of buyers every year who fail to get a building inspection completed or worse engage an unlicensed or under qualified building inspector, that regret is a very real and painful thing.
A pre-purchase building inspection can be as little as 0.57% of the total repair cost if you don’t inspect and your dream home turns sour on you later. As a buyer, what does this mean to you? It means that if you are unlucky enough to have an under-qualified inspector:
- Your inspector may not be experienced in all methods of building.
- You will likely only get a list of surface problems.
- Your inspector may not be able to advise you about the root cause of defects.
- Your inspector might not find all of the defects.
There is no legal protection for you as a property buyer.
Make sure that you pre-qualify your pre-purchase building inspector by asking these simple questions.
- Do they hold a current builders license minimum Class 1 & 10
- Do they hold a current building supervisors registration minimum Class 1 & 10
- Do they hold a pest technician and pest management license
- Is the holder of these licenses the person who will undertake my building inspection
- Do they have professional indemnity insurance cover
Before comparing the inspection prices, compare building inspectors. There is no legal protection for you as a property buyer. Make sure that you pre-qualify your pre-purchase building inspector! Download this case study about what can go wrong for uninformed buyers.
1. Pre-purchase building inspections Adelaide
Make sure that you are a fully-informed buyer. Once you purchase a property, all of its problems will be yours! After our inspection, you will know all defects, major and minor.
Pre-purchase inspections are available 7 days per week. In most cases, you will have your report within 24 hours of your call.
2. Pre-auction building inspections Adelaide
Buying a property at auction is a firm purchase. This means that you can’t negotiate a different price based on an inspection afterwards.
Talk to us as soon as you become interested in the property. Going to an auction fully informed will let you bid confidently.
Remember, auctions have no cooling off period. Once you win, the property (and any of its problems) are yours.
3. Pre-purchase pest inspections Adelaide
Timber pests (Termites) can affect the structural integrity of properties. Once they are in, they can do a lot of damage in a very short period of time. A pre-purchase timber pest inspection will tell you whether you have pests and, if not, what the chances are that they will move in.
Talk to us as soon as you’re thinking of buying or selling a property. Our qualified pest inspectors will come out to check it. Make sure that the property you buy has good structural integrity, without pest problems.
4. Pre-sale building inspections Adelaide
Thinking of selling? Know all the problems that you can solve before you even go to market. This will increase the value of your property and maximise your sale price. After our inspection, you will know all defects, major and minor. Pre-sale inspections are available 7 days per week. In most cases, you will have your report within 24 hours of your call.
5. Pre-purchase commercial building inspections Adelaide
Buying commercial property is a significant decision. Make sure that you are a fully-informed buyer. Once you buy it, all of its problems will be yours! After our inspection, you will know all defects, major and minor.
Pre-purchase commercial inspections are available 7 days per week. In most cases, you will have your report within 24 hours of your call.
Booking your Pre Purchase Building Inspection/Staged Building Inspection is easy!
If you are in need of a reliable and experienced building inspection service in Adelaide, you need to contact Detail Building Inspections today.
We will offer you a free quote on all our services.